Welcome to our first Frugal fun-Unconventional use of familiar products! This week: 11 uses of a cucumber. We will discover the many ways to put this garden vegetable to use!
1) Cucumbers contain most of the vitamins you need every day, just one cucumber contains Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B3, Vitamin B5,Vitamin B6, Folic Acid, Vitamin C, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium,Phosphorus, Potassium and Zinc, so eat up!
2)Life got ya feeling lifeless? Enough with the caffeine, and sugar based energy drinks already and pick up a cucumber! Cucumbers are a great source of B Vitamins and Carbohydrates that can provide a quick pick-me-up lasting for hours and hours.
3)This one is my favorite, I’m sure after a shower, you get sick of wiping steam from your bathroom mirrors. Well, wiping a cucumber on your mirrors prior to showering will leave your mirrors fog less, and it will provide a sensuous spa like aroma, how refreshing!
4) Ambivalent about going to the beach, pool, or wearing those short shorts due to cellulite? Well, rubbing a cucumber along the problem areas for a few minutes can help! The photo chemicals in the cucumber causes the collagen in your skin to tighten, which firms up the outer layer and reduces the visibility of cellulite. Hay, I hear it works wonders on wrinkles too!
5) Had a rough night and want to avoid a hangover or terrible headache? Eat a few cucumberslices before going to bed and wake up headache and hangover free .Cucumbers contain sugar, B vitamins and electrolytes which replaces the essential nutrients the body lost, keeping everything balanced, calm, collective, and cool (as a cucumber).
6)If you’re anything like me, cravings for afternoon and late night snacks are inevitable! It has been reported that Cucumbers have been used for centuries, often used by European traders and explorers for quick meals to thwart off starvation.
7) Have somewhere important to go, and realized you have NO shoe polish? Rub a freshly cut cucumber over the shoe. Its chemicals can provide a quick and durable fresh out of a shoe shop shine! It also serves as a shoe shining water repellent.
8) Are you tired of your household members knowing your every move thanks to that squeaky door hinge? Take a cucumber slice and rub it along that ruthless hinge and you’ll be free of those sharp penetrating sounds!
9) Life got you weary? No time or money for a trip to the spa? Cut up an entire cucumberand place it in a boiling pot of water, the chemicals and nutrients from the cucumber will react to the boiling water and release a kind of steam, creating a soothing, and relaxing aroma, shown to reduce and relieve stress in new mothers and college students. So relax- and BE cool.
10) Took a breath test and failed? Take a slice of cucumber and press it to the roof of your mouth, hold it in place with your tongue for 30 seconds and the physio-chemicals in thecucumber will kill the bacteria in your mouth causing this indelicate breath.
11) Using a pen, made a mistake, and wishing it had an eraser? Take the outside of thecucumber and slowly use it to erase the writing. It also works great on crayons and markers your children used to become interior decorators and graffiti artists writing on the walls!
Let me know if and when you guys try any of these Fun Frugalistic methods! Next Time: Unconventional methods for using Vodka