The olive is one of the oldest cultivated trees in the world. It’s native to the Middle East then spread throughout the Mediterranean shores of Africa and then to the Greeks and then the Romans. Olives have been found in Egyptian tombs from 2000 years BC, it is also mentioned all throughout the Bible for its healing powers, so make your Olive oil slip into a place as a must have household, health, and beauty product:
1) Aside from cucumbers, olive oil helps with squeaky door hinges also! Wipe it on with a cotton ball or spray bottle to lubricate the hinges. WD 40 Who?
2) Olive oil buffs the surfaces of stainless steel and brass to a brilliant shine, apply the oil to a clean cloth and in circular motions, apply pressure and buff your.. stuff…
3) Dry paint stuck to your skin? Get that Olive Oil, add some salt or sugar in the mix- and scrub away. Your skin will also be exfoliated, and soft.
4) Use Olive Oil as a make up remover, even the heaviest, drag queen winning make up job can’t stand against the removal power of olive oil.
4.5)Have you layered your eyelashes with sixteen coats of Waterproof mascara? Olive oil it right off. Now that’s what I call everyday Kimistry J
5) If you’re fond of making your own homemade soaps, adding Olive oil is great for your skin care, you can produce a germ killing soap, containing an oil that locks in moisture keeping your skin smooth, sexy, and supple (your skin will love you for adding a few tablespoons of olive oil to your bath tub soaks )
6) Olive oil helps remove dust from furniture while giving it a shine. Mix a teaspoon of olive oil to a quarter cup of lemon juice and there you have an all-natural, petroleum free, NON TOXIC, polish!
7) Olive Oil is fast and effective for curing ear aches, apply a few drops of WARMED olive oil into the infected ear to relieve the pain. To cure ear infections infuse the warmed olive oil with a crushed clove of garlic, strain the garlic out and drip a few drops in the ear.
8) Tired of looking at those A team Mr T, Reading Rainbow and Ghost Buster stickers? Dab some olive oil onto the stickers, (don’t forget those 70’s love peace and soul labels) wait a few minutes. No scraping, just peel- no residue.
9) That sound cats make right before they hack up a hair ball (which is the most freakiest sound I’ve ever heard come out of an animal- in fact it is quite disturbing, they do this gagging thing, stiffen their bodies and jerk, look like something straight out of the exorcist) can be silenced. Help it pass through your cats system more easily by adding ¼ teaspoon of olive oil to your cats’ meow- I mean meal, each day.
10) Use Olive Oil to clean and restore leather shoes, and recondition cracked dry leather items such as jackets, couches, baseball gloves, saddles, etc. It may take a little longer to penetrate like the conventional conditioners but, it’s up for the task.
11) Throat got you itchy? Gotta singing gig? Speech coming up? Lubricate the back of your mouth and tonsil area by swallowing a tablespoon of olive oil. You’ll find yourself not clearing your throat half as often. Swallowing olive oil also helps lessen snoring.
12) Two tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil daily is also great for health, it is loaded with antioxidants such as Vitamin E and phytonutrients. Medical research found, people who regularly consume olive oil (extra virgin) are less likely to develop cardiovascular diseases including high blood pressure, strokes and high cholesterol, research also found that regular intake also helps reduce inflammation (in the pancreas) Reduces breast cancer risk, protects against Alzheimer’s disease, protects the liver, colon, may protect from depression, fights osteoporosis, and reduces risk of type 2 diabetes.
Visit the Oliveoiltimes for more detailed information.
Cardiologists recommends at least two table spoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil each day to enjoy the many benefits. Please be sure to use a high grade Olive Oil to get the full benefits (you will NOT find it in your local supermarkets, those low grade olive oils are usually mixed with refined oils)
Research authentic high grade extra virgin olive oils
I love Extra Virgin Olive Oil it’s great for healthy hair growth, and it’s a marvelous moisturizer for the skin and nails, while we’ve discovered its duty in our diets, please know that it also keeps the heart young J
Did I mention it’s GREAT for the hair?
Stay tuned for more unconventional uses of products!