Oscar nominated actresses Viola Davis and Quvenzhane proudly flaunt their natural hair locks in Hollywood and many other African American women are doing the same around the world. Natural Hair is back! With style and grace! According to various resources, Hair Relaxer sales have gone down 26% over the past 5 years. It is estimated that currently hundreds of women are going natural. There is a large need to support returning to the natural hair process which requires patience and maintenance. Using the right products and consultation with natural hair specialist are essential to healthy hair care.
“Natural-Back to the Roots”, is a new series of blogs offering advice from Curly Natural Hair expert Renee Callender. “I can look at a persons hair and tell them how to maintain healthy hair.”, says Renee. Callender has over 30 years of experience and owns Reene’s Hair Designs located on 137 West 72nd street in Manhattan. We welcome Renee to our virtual family! Below is her first of several blogs on how to maintain healthy natural hair. Simone-Monet Wahls
The ritual (usually the weekend) of washing your natural hair. Many of you find it extremely exhausted after shampooing and detangling your hair. Are you tried of spending your whole day shampooing and conditioning your hair? I have some advice to make the process a bit easier.
First, get everything you need: Towels, Shampoo (Sulfate free), Cream Rinse, Hair Mask (deep conditioner), Leave in Conditioner, Styling Aide: Jane Carter Nourish and Shine, or Carol’s Daughter’s Hair Milk and a large tooth comb.
1. Put cream rinse all over hair especially the hair ends.
2. Comb out hair starting on the bottom hair ends and work your way to the scalp. It is extremely important to comb and detangle hair BEFORE you wash it.
3. Wet you hair throughly and the proceed to shampoo using downward strokes.Treat you hair like you love it.
4. After washing your hair apply a generous amount hair mask to wet hair. Place a plastic cap over hair and sit under heat cap for 20 minutes.
5. Rinse conditioner out with cool water and style with your favorite styling aid (avoid products with alcohol ingredient).
*** Salon Phone number 212-721-1277
You may also like http://futureexecutives.org/natural-back-roots-4-ways-make-natural-hair-smooth-easier-manage/